From:
Karen Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:26 +1300
Hi Niki,

My understanding from ABO incompatibility is the mother is O positive and the baby is either A, B, or AB positive.  This all sounds like normal physiological jaundice to me with over medicalisation.

The clear fluids are just going to get in the way of excreting bilirubin and establishing breastfeeding.

There is nothing like breastfeeding to create plenty of poop!

Karen Palmer
Midwife and IBCLC
New Zealand