From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0400
I just got a call from a journalist at the Boston Herald (one of
Boston's two daily papers)  who is writing an article on the
increased demand for banked/donated milk. She had two questions that
I couldn't answer, hope you all can help me out.

1. Where is the study or studies showing that breastfeeding has been
increasing over the last few years? I know it's out there, but can't
put my hands on it right now.

2. She would like to interview one or two women who have not been
able to produce enough of their own milk, for whatever reason, who
have tried to use banked milk. Sometimes these women succeed and
other times, there are barriers such as the banked milk is too costly
and they can't get insurance to cover it. If any of you knows someone
who would be willing to be interviewed for such an article, please
let me know and I will pass on the necessary contact info. She would
like to find someone today (Tues 4/11) or tomorrow at the latest
(newspapers are always on a deadline)

Thanks,
   Naomi Bar-Yam

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.