From:
Sue Gehrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:30:54 -0500
From experience with my daugher who has numerous accessory nipples on
both breasts;  with her first baby she initally had some excessive
fulllness is those areas and nearly always leaked. The tenderness
subsided. She did not stimulate them at all.  She nursed with a burp
cloth tucked under her breast to absorb the leaking. She nursed for 16
months.  With her second baby she she had some leaking as her milk first
came in but did not leak nearly as much as with the first.  Her baby is
8 months old now and she doesn't leak with a feeding.  If she tries to
hand express milk from them, she can get drops. She viewed them as a
very minor inconvenience.

Susan Gehrman RN, IBCLC, CCE
Battle Creek Health System
300 North Ave.
Battle Creek, Michigan 49016

This message may contain confidential information protected by law
through attorney-client privilege or professional peer review/
quality evaluation privilege.  It is intended only for the individual
or entity named above.  It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose,
copy, distribute or use the contents of this message.  If you received
this message in error, please notify the BCHS Privacy/Integrity Office
at [log in to unmask] or (269)966-8017.

I just had a phone call from a mother who says that she has a painful
blocked duct. When a questioned her she stated that before she became
pregnant she had a "mole" in this area. From her description it is
along
the milk line, actually at 4 clock on her breast. There is no reness
or
heat but the area ia painful and leaking what appears to be milk. She
is
asking me what to do. I ahve searched the internet, looked through my
texts (Lawrence's, Riordan's and the breastfeeding Answer Book) but
have
not found any real answers. Can someone help me? I do not want to tell
her
to massage the area for fera of stimulating the area to increase
production. ????