Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:56:17 EDT
I have seen no research to confirm predictable times for "growth spurts".  I,
like Heather, don't talk (or write) about growth spurts - I use the term
"appetite spurts" to explain the time when babies are nursing more (to
increase Mom's supply) and pooping less (because they are absorbing more).  I
know of no research re growth or appetite spurts in premies, but anecdotal
experience suggests they have these "spurts" both in the hospital, and after
discharge, like any other infant.
Nancy Wight MD, FAAP, IBCLC
Neonatologist
San Diego, CA, USA