Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:42:26 -0400
Perhaps you are referring to the Ad Council's Breastfeeding Promotion Campaign (N America)? At my request I was forwarded a media package of the campaign that I had permission to use in courses I teach. I got copies of the video advertisements, audio clips and the campaign posters by contacting the Ad Council and a a rep at www.4women.gov.

http://4women.gov/breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=Campaign

I don't know if they still have this material available as the campaign is no longer running and was initiated in 2004 I believe. It's worth a try though!

As part of the activities of my local breastfeeding alliance we occasionally offer breastfeeding information in high school child and human development classes. Interestingly when I played the audio and video clips for a group of high school students they didn't really catch the intention, we had to discuss the angle for them to really grasp what the message in these advertisements was intended to be.

Many of the kids said they felt that the advertisements would be easier to understand if they simply followed the footsteps of The Truth Anti-Smoking Campaign, a real in your face facts and data media campaign about risks of smoking. I thought they had a very insightful point.

Michelle H. Kinne ICCE CD(DONA) CLE
www.DoulaDiva.org