From:
"A. Bon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:56:42 +0200
Van: Steve Salop and Judy Gelman <[log in to unmask]>

>I would like to hear other people's opinions on the psychological
>ramifications of breastfeeding into the preteen years.  At some point,
>could continuing to breastfeed be construed as sexual or psychological
>abuse?

Though I certainly agree about your concerns whether a preteen boy wouldn't become confused
about his own sexual feelings, I wouldn't want to view this so quickly in terms of abuse. I
think these two are different, and shouldn't be put in one line.

I think you are very rigth the mother would like to talk about her own concerns, without
feeling to be judged or even reported. I think it is great she has told Katherine Dettwyler.
This means she knew she wouldn't be judged. Big change she has never told anybody.

Annelies Bon
counsellor of the Dutch bf organization "Borstvoeding natuurlijk"