From:
Darlene A Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:05:17 -0500
We use the volufeeders and caps from the formula company.  They are also
sent to those donating milk to the milk bank.  I find them convenient and
easy for the parents to use because they fit on the pump.  They are
labeled with name, date and time of collection.  They are sterile and
individually wrapped.  We use the volufeeders to heat treat the milk as
well.  Cost effective because they are donated by the formula company.
Therefore, less expensive than specimen containers.
Darlene Breed, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Worcester, MA (USA)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:12:43 EST "Lisa A. Enger" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>We also use the specimen containers in our level 3 NICU. They are easy
>for
>moms to get from us, they stack easily in our freezer, labels are on
>the
>containers and don't have to be searched for. Many of the hospitals in
>our
>area also use them so it's a little bit of consistency. As LC's we
>developed
>labels that once the milk is  defrosted goes on the containers to
>specify
>fresh/frozen and when it outdates. The labels also have an area that
>specifies
>if anything has been added and how many calories it provides. Makes it
>easier
>to know what you have.
>On this subject. How many hospitals use tamper resistant tape to seal
>the
>bottles as moms bring them to the hospital? We are having a heated
>debate on
>this and it would be interesting for us to find out what is happening
>elsewhere. You can e-mail directly or to the list. Thanks.
>Lisa RN, BSN, IBCLC
>Boston

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]