From:
DKNYLI14 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:55:11 -0400
Diane, I too had no allergies when I lactated - I nursed my second one for three years - 95 - 98 then had a 1 1/2 yr break - only remember finding out at that point I was allergic to latex - hence the next baby came :) in 2000 and nursed her for five years with NO allergies (spring or fall) I have been suffering the last few years - worse every year -- 06 & 07 were bad - and I am already suffering now.  I had allergies from about 12 yrs old mostly spring then fall.

I always tell my story to moms -- just another good "reason" for them to think about it more.  I say "hey the babies are getting so many more benefits - but lets look at the ones for us".  I do deal with moms around here that are very "tied up" in themselves and this I feel is great tool.

I wonder has anyone done a study on this?

What a wonderful twist ---

Regards from pollen infested Long Island
Donna :)

Hey hello to my friend from Ireland - email me I can't find your address LOL

Donna B. Kimick, IBCLC, RLC
President of LILCA
Lakeshore Lactation
516-799-7911