From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:51:08 -0500
I didn't think you were advocating goat's milk either! Obviously not, since
you were asking about the other stuff. You could answer with something like
"Well, in this state the WIC program uses ...", which doesn't put you in the
position of having to recommend a brand. Of course, I wouldn't say that if
they use Carnation, because of the political objections, etc...Anyway, I
don't think, with a healthy baby, that you need to suggest anything more
exotic than Enfamil or Similac; the fancy formulas (the "conjugated protein"
ones, or Progestimil or any of those, are way expensive, and soy is about as
bad as cow milk, all other things being equal.

Cathy Bargar, RN, IBCLC