From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:34:56 +1000
To Winnie Mading:
     Some other possibilities include: A) staph infection of the nipples,
especially as there appears to be trauma (see Livingstone & Stringer, JHL
1999), or B) mother's skin sensitivity to something new the baby is eating,
e.g. tomatoes, other foods, toothpaste (too young to rinse and spit).
     At 6 months, the situation may have more than one factor.
      Cheers,
          Virginia
           in Brisbane, Queensland
REFERENCE:
Livingstone V, Stringer J. The treatment of staphyloccus aureus infected
nipples: a randomized comparative study. JHL 1999 (Sept); 15(3):241-246.

Winnie wrote:
> baby is 6 months old and breastfeeding has been just fine until a couple
of
> weeks ago. .... We thought it was due to teething because baby was
chewing.  Dr. treated her for thrush since soreness was bad.  Both mom and
> baby test negative for thrush at this point." > Any chance she might be
pregnant?