From:
Jennifer Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:39:58 -0800
Hello all you wise ones,

I have lurked on this list since the late '90s and I have absorbed so much knowledge, not just breastfeeding info and skills, but how we need to make change on a social level to support mothers and babies.

I have dreamed of a Baby Friendly Hospital in my community for several years and I think now is the time to go for that change. I have some excellent supoort from the powers-that-be and I really don't want to mess this up---although I have to convince other powers-that-be. (Does anyone want to mentor me through this?)

One of my strategies will be to show the administration how many professional organizations support BFHO and oppose marketing formula through free gifts. If you know of any organizations, would you please email me off list? I know WHO and AAP, and I want a lovely long list showing that this is the way of the future.

Thanks in advance and I am sure I will have more questions and requests as this project progresses.

Sincerely,

Jen Williams CNM
jjkmb5 @ msn.com    (no spaces though)