From:
Ellen McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:19:18 +0930
Hello All
Would really like some help with the following:

A breastfeeding counsellor contacted me for help with this case.
A mother who is breastfeeding her 9 week old baby is suffering from severe
constipation. She had the same problem with her first child and the
constipation resolved once she stopped breastfeeding. She has increased her
fluid intake, increased her fibre intake, enemas all to no avail. She is
not sure if / how it could be related to breastfeeding. Has anyone seen
this before and if so, what other suggestions could I give this mother?

And now for something completely different!
I have been trying to find a reference to the fact that we often state that
physiologically most (in some cases 98% is mentioned) mothers can
breastfeed. Does anyone have such a reference please?

Thanking you in advance for your help

Ellen McIntyre, MSc, DipEd, IBCLC
Mt Barker, South Australia