From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:46:40 -0400
"The nurses do not want to verify it X 2 because it would be a "pain".  They
feel that they would not be as supportive of BF if they have to verify X 2."

Are they not supportive of giving pain meds that need to be double-verified?
Do they just say, "oh, we won't bother giving percocet or demerol - it's
such a pain!" Or blood - now, giving blood is a *real* pain! We nurses do
lots and lots of stuff that's a "pain". Also lots of stuff we think isn't
necessary, because you gotta do it, usually for understandable reasons even
if just seems stupid. For instance, on the postpartum unit, why can't the
moms be in charge of taking their stool softeners and anti-gas meds and
Tylenol, stuff that's over-the-counter anyway? Talk about a ridiculous pain
in everybody's neck! But hey, that's life in the workplace!

Cathy Bargar, wearing her RN "cap" here