From:
Christine Betzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:43:48 -0500
I would only worry about flexeril if it is taken frequently over a long period of time.  She should watch for drowsiness in her infant and not bedshare as

it is pretty sedating.

It does have a very long half-life. I would prefer she take robaxin but one flexeril here and there should not be a problem.  7 days is ridiculous.

I know you didn't ask for this but if she is having jaw spasms its usually an indicator of stress and night-time grinding.

She might find doing some jaw relaxation and range of motion exercises, heat, meditation or yoga and ibuprofen helpful.

She may even be able to use these instead of flexeril. She might need a night guard.

Chris

Christine Betzold NP CLC MSN
www.theBFclinic.com
714-269-9879