From:
Margaret Wendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 23:41:31 -0400
I agree. My mother spoke to me the other day, she said that our family gp
of many years asked her to pass on to me that many of the midwives at our
hospital were making the mothers feel guilty if they didn't breastfeed. My
reply that 'they should feel guilty'did not go down well with my mother
who feels people should have a choice. I replied by asking her did she
have a choice when he prescribed her warfarin drug therapy, she
replied 'don't be silly I need it for my health'. I replied 'exactly'. I
have just been reading an article that someone forwarded to me 'The Guilt
Issue' by Nancy E wright, it very well expresses thoughts on this topic.
Margaret Wendt