Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:20:31 +0000
<<
 We keep saying shields are 'just a tool' - true. Maybe you should have
 special licence to use one, awarded after specific training. And there
 should be a health warning on the boxes.  >>

 Heather....

   how is this different than mother's buying other "tools" in stores: ie:
sns's "bad" pumps, .....

      Patricia

Ooops, Patricia, and anyone else who thought the same...I was tongue in
cheek when I suggested a special licence, for HPs or mothers. I do not
think that mothers should be prevented from buying anything, including poor
quality pumps. I would hate to see a layer of bureaucracy introduced to say
who was and wasn't allowed to buy one. Sorry.

Actually, the health warning on the box is not so much of a TIC -  I
*would* like to see something along the lines of reminding mothers to get
support and information on positioning, plus suggestions of where that
might come from.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK