From:
Sharon Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:57:52 -0500
Hi everybody,

So I am working on some stuff and also listening to CNN which is
broadcasting live from the health care forum in D.C. where they are
discussing how to deliver quality health care to USA citizens in a cost
productive way. Some of us have buttons that say "Affordable health care
begins with breastfeeding." It seems to me that this is the time to really
push hard on that idea. It is the truth and it would save uncounted numbers
of lives and dollar bills. We need to find a way to connect with the current
administration to make our case. This is not about lifestyle, it is about
health, and more importantly (for many, unfortunately) money.What can we do?
As far as I know, a new Surgeon General has not been appointed. Not sure if
that is even relevent. How do we become a part of this conversation? This
may be the time.

Sharon Knorr, New York, USA