From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:09:11 -0500
Hello everyone,
  I am currently nomail for a while so I can catch up with the rest of my
life but I wanted to share some good news and ask you all a question as well.
  We had a beautiful baby boy born July 27,6 weeks early at 2 kilo (about
4 lb 7 oz) He was in the NICU for 10 days and since then has been home
eating, sleeping and growing. At our last weigh in earlier this week he was
8 lb. 3 oz  Must be all that good food on his own schedule!
  His name is Taeer. It is Hebrew and comes from the word Or which means light
His name means shine or illuminate.
  Now for the question:  When I brought him in for the wieght check this
week the doctor also checked his iron and it came back at 10.4. The doctor
suggested that I give him avitamin supplement with extra iron to bring up
his iron level. I do not have medical training so I don't have a sense if
10.4 requires supplemental iron. I wonder if "normal" iron levels are
measured against babies who take formula with iron added or if 10.4 really is
something to worry about.  When my now 6 year old was a new born his iron
came back at 7 and then we gave him supplements till the iron was higher.
Having had a baby with iron of 7 I just don't know whether to worry about
10.4.
  Any advice or perspective anyone can offer whould be most appreciated.
  I am still nomail for the time being so please answer on my
private e-mail.  thanks in advance.
  Naomi Bar-Yam
P.S. For those who celebrate the Jewish holidays, I wish you a healthy, joyous
and productive new year.