Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:45:39 EST
Dear Wise Ones,

Be so kind and let me in on your knowledge about anticoagulants.

The mother is pregnant and one of my WIC moms-to-be.  I called to make sure
she was clear on how to get breastfeeding initiated continued without
problems.

She sadly told me she was told by the doc that she could not breastfeed
because she has a blood clot and would have to go to a stronger anticoagulant
than the one she is now taking (heparin).

Is there a good solution here ?  Can she indeed breastfeed and get rid of the
blood clot safely ?  Baby is due in a few days.

She really wants to breastfeed.

TIA

Opal Horvat, BA, IBCLC
LLLL