From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:44:19 EST
When I was working with teenagers, I found that breastfeeding gave them
"ownership" of their baby; this was something that only THEY could do, even
if grandma was going to be taking over so mom could return to school. This
aspect often appealed to them. Many, however, not having grown up with BF as
the norm, could not conceive of the fact that the baby would "do that". If we
could get into those high school health/child life classes, maybe we could
get the word out that bf is a normal, healthy process (I know, I am looking
for that ideal world again).

Kathy in NJ