Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:01:04 -0500
Hi Nina,

I wanted to thank you for the link to the blog.

Reading about the failure of the campaign was very educational. I
think using the fear factor in any campaign is an insult to the
people it is aimed at. Also, I agree that disregarding the social/
cultural attitudes about breastfeeding is a MAJOR mistake. I read the
blog with much interest, because I'm working on a way to reach teens
(I posted on that a couple of weeks ago).

Looking through the archives, and speaking to people on Lactnet, a
major theme that has come up is to treat teens (and anyone for that
matter) with respect. Seeing the failures of the campaign discussed
in the blog really helped me understand the pitfalls to avoid.

Thanks again,

Celia
Montreal, Canada