From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:38:36 +0100
Let us not forget that 'exclusve breastfeeding' is defined differently by
Labbok and Krasovic vs WHO.  Ebf for WHO includes expressed milk and
medicines, while Labbok and Krasovic (whose definitions are requested for
articles submitted to Breastfeeding Review, while JHL asks for WHO
definitions) define ebf as milk taken by the baby directly from mother's
breast and nothing else.  Depending on the outcome you are thinking about,
these are important distinctions.

Btw, I had an article in the June 2002 MIDIRS on the subject of exclusive
breastfeeding.  I do not know how many people outside the UK read MIDIRS or
have any access to it.  I hoped that this article would help to raise the
topic of ebf and contribute to the important discussions I think we might
start wanting to have about this concept and lots of realted issues.

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, Uk