From:
Jan Cornfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:38:08 +1000
Personally, I question the value of campaigns that rely on form letters and
information that appears sensational and short on facts.

Inundating UNICEF with accusations that they have withdrawn support for the
WHO Code *could* be quite wrong. (For WBW Anne Veneman said: >>
   "UNICEF strives to create an environment that enables the best choices in
infant and young child feeding practices by supporting the breastfeeding and
complementary feeding efforts of partner countries and our NGO colleagues at
three levels: improving national regulation and oversight, enhancing the
knowledge and skills of health personnel, and increasing success in the
community by providing support for each new mother to make the best choices
in feeding her children".

They are dismantling/restructuring the position of the legal advisor based
in NY, but what else do we really know for fact?

I have a copy of the letter sent by Baby Milk Action to Anne Veneman on 5
September, but it's quite long and I can't send an attachment to the list.

If you'd like a copy please email me off list over the next few days, with
"BMA letter" in the subject line !

I have asked BMA if they could possibly put this issue, and the letter on
the BMA website
(www.babymilkaction.org)

Jan Cornfoot
Breastfeeding Advocate