Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:00:11 -0400
 My first thought is the same as NIkki's--this is a homeopathic remedy for sure. The right homeopathic remedy can easily avert the perceived need for anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medications in many, many patients (perhaps all--if indeed the correct remedy were always found).

I would also look at mom's nutritional profile, b/c something is not right with the hormonal cascade, although it could be remedied with homeopathy/vibrational medicine alone. In either case, I think magnesium is called for, and would encourage the mom to use Natural Calm in the AM and PM.

I would absolutely use flower essences--have her sip them in her water all day long and especially right before feeding (she does not need more than a sip). There is a combination used for panic attacks that may well be beneficial--it is cherry plum, impatiens, red chestnut, agrimony and chestnut bud. Sometimes star of bethlehem is added and I would likely do so from the beginning for this situation. If the mom were my client, I would create a more personalized remedy, but there seems to be a lot of success with this combination. I would also teach basic EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) points (www.emofree.com--a free download) and if I were working more closely with the mom would teach TAT (Tapas Acupuncture Technique--it is needle-less). Bit EFT and TAT rewire the response of the nervous system to stressors and can work very, very rapidly. I do not think anything is more empowering than learning techniques to direct our own responses to stress. I do not think any response is ever purely physiological--I do think it is purely energetic, however and is manifesting a physiologic? response.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LL