Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:07:16 -0700
My kids love the theater.  They have seen probably 40 shows, many of
them before they were 5 years of age, most of them in larger theaters,
although some have been in small theaters.  When my 7 year old was 4 we
had front row seats for Cats, and she behaved well the entire show, even
if I did have to quiet her gently throughout the show, as she was
singing along--this was then her favorite Broadway musical.  Movie
theaters are different, we still don't do non child friendly movies, but
we are in love with the theater.

I think as in all things, it depends upon the family and the child.  The
tickets for Cats were about $90, but our cost was significantly cheaper
as I got together a group of theater folks to go.  It was an experience
we will never forget, and worth every penny.  However, it would have
been nice to have saved that $40, as Janene was still nursing at the
time.  She did not, however, nurse during the show.  Her eyes never left
the stage, and she was far better behaved than the adult man behind me
who kept making noises, whose cell phone rang, and who foot kept kicking
my seat.

I have no doubt that the policy would be amended quickly to limit the
age of the nursing child, probably after some extended nurser used the
policy to cut down on the cost of her family attending the show.  :-)

Joylyn Fowler