Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:37:43 +0000
Hi all

I am in contact with a mom is is currently breastfeeding her second child. The baby is now 4 months old and their first child is 4 years old.

She said that during her breastfeeding time with her first baby, she often felt pain in her right foot. She cannot pinpoint exactly where, might be the bones or the ligaments, but is is severe enough that she cannot walk far or stand for long periods of times. At the time she did not make the link to breastfeeding. After weaning her toddler the pain stopped. Now breastfeeding their second baby, the pain is returning. She is now starting to wonder if it is breastfeeding related.

Has anyone experienced something similar? We did talk about the bone density during the breastfeeding period and getting calcium supplements.

 Thoughts?

Ingrid Groenewald

IBCLC (South Africa)