From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:23:01 EDT
The statement that baby was content the first two weeks and then became fussy
and "wanted to nurse all the time" makes me suspicious of mom's milk supply?
Has a feeding weight been done?  The positive response to formula
supplementation makes me wonder if it wasn't more the volume received than the product
used.  Also the baby who is only content at breast may not be getting enough
otherwise and the ped recommendation to limit frequency and duration is
counterproductive and likely not based on any exploration of breastfeeding, infant oral
issues, latching, etc.

Also knowing history of weight gain would be helpful.  If it is dietary
issues, could Dr Jack's suggested use of pancreatic enzymes by mom be helpful while
diet is being investigated?

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC, RLC