From:
Teresa Vinisky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:52:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/01 10:39:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The nurses at the hospital maternity center where I am LC have voted on a
> new uniform.  The colors of the print are lovely.  However, the design is
> of stars and moons and babies.......many of the babies have a pacifier in
> the mouth......and in the background like stars in the sky are baby
> bottles.  You would have to see it to believe it.
>
> I have pointed out the problem, but no one else seems to think it is a
> problem since "the mothers are going to work or have some reason to give a
> bottle."  It is so disheartening, so embarrassing

This probably won't help, but do let them know that many women are offended
by bottles and wouldn't be pleased t have to labor with a nurse who was
wearning scrubs with bottles on them. For example, I've encountered a few
women on a newsgroup who actually requested  a new nurse, because their labor
nurse had bottles on the uniform. In this case, it wouldn't work, as they'd
all be wearing them.It's also just going back to that same old bottles are
associated with babies. I know I work really hard when buying a shower card
or wrapping paper not to get something with a bottle. Is it possible for them
to get a similar material without the bottles or pacifiers? I really hope
they rethink it.