From:
lisa mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:47:58 -0600
Angela I would not underestimate the effect a tight neck and misalignment can have on not only the gut but the whole Neuro. System, hence the irritability. The nerves exiting the Spinal tract affect all Body Organs.  I would def. recc a skilled CranioSacral therapy, often times they can fix in 1 to 2 sessions what would take months with other types of  Body Work.

Also I would agree really check for oversupply as a contributing issue and what about Probiotic powder mixed with Breast Milk for the Baby's gut? I just listened to a great interview on Dr Mercola's Website from Dr Natasha Campbell McBride , she is a Neurologist in the UK who helped her own daughter's autism and is now helping other children. She theorizes that over the last 3 generations, due to Oral Contraceptives, poor diet, i.e. sugar and GMO foods, mothers have a Dysbiotic gut and vaginal tract.

"What happens in these children [is that] they do not develop normal gut flora from birth…" she says.  "Gut flora is a hugely important part of our human physiology. Recently research in Scandinavia has demonstrated that 90 percent of all cells and all genetic material in a human body is our own gut flora. We are just a shell… a habitat for this mass of microbes inside us. We ignore them at our own peril.
…As a result, their digestive system—instead of being a source of nourishment for these children—becomes a major source of toxicity. These pathogenic microbes inside their digestive tract damage the integrity of the gut wall. So all sort of toxins and microbes flood into the bloodstream of the child, and get into the brain of the child. That usually happens in the second year of life in children who were breast fed because breastfeeding provides a protection against this abnormal gut flora. In children who were not breastfed, I see the symptoms of autism developing in the first year of life. "

Because lets face it, It seems like myself and many of us are seeing what seems like a huge increase of Baby's with GERD and other gut issues. Much more than I saw say 10 years ago.
Lisa Mooney CNM MSN IBCLC