From:
Darillyn Starr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:51:32 -0700
I can't help but see a similarity between the Ezzo method and the way
that I, and most other Americans of my age  group were raised.  That is,
feeding every four hours, not responding to cries for fear of "spoiling"
etc..  It seems to me that the abundant social problems that we now see
in this group, now in their forties and fifties, would be ample evidence
that this is NOT the way to go.

I have children who were severely traumatised prior to adoption and also
know of many others.  These children have done very well, when they have
been nursed (or at least attentively bottle fed, which most adoptive
parents do) on demand, held and cuddled and given abundant attention and
stimulation.  I shutter to think what would happen if one of these
disadvantaged little ones was adopted by someone who followed the Ezzos'
advice.

Aloha!
Darillyn