Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:59:23 -0700
IF a mother can be placed in a private room in my hospital, and
IF she has a family member to stay with her to care for her baby, and
IF it is not RSV season,
THEN she can keep her nursing baby with her 24 hrs/day during her hospitalization.
It has been done once.

Re: baby friendly: our Director rejected the idea saying it's too expensive. And they prefer "Family Friendly" instead. The allegation was that "baby friendly" excludes all family members but baby and mom.
I think "Family Friendly" is a style of maternal-child care adopted for use in the USA, but I don't think there is a Board of any kind; no fees, no inspections, etc. My impression is, it is defined only by the hospital.
Phyllis

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.