Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:44:41 EST
We have all of our moms breast and formula keep a feeding journal while in
the hospital and for several days at home.  I emphasize that for first time
moms it is reassurring to know if their baby is eating often enough and the
amount of output.  For experienced moms...they are distracted at home by the
other kids and the journal helps them to monitor baby's intake/output while
adjusting to a new family member.  This has helped a lot in making sure that
babies don't go for 5 or more hours without feeding because "they are so
good" and "why wake a sleeping baby".
Sharon in Chicago Burbs