From:
nandan fogelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:21:05 +0300
Hi,
Make sure the baby can feel the breast on his face, nose to nipple, or
rather with the nipple touching his philtrum (the indentation between the
nose and top and lip) and his chin to the breast.  This will ussually cause
the baby to open his mouth wide and tilt his head back, ready to latch on.
 When this doesn't work, I have mom undress the baby so that at least his
chest is in contact with mother's skin.  Finally, (if we didn't do this from
the begining) we'll go for total skin to skin, with Mom leaning back and
 holding baby upright between her breasts and letting baby's instincts kick
in, patiently waiting for him to make his way to the breast and self attach,
while Mom supports him.
Good luck,
Chayn Fogelman IBCLC Israel