Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:22:08 -0400
Angie,

There was a case shared on Lactnet several years ago about an older baby not gaining.  They did test weights every feed to document what baby was eating because of the difficulties and threats of child services.  They finally got the baby to gain when they eliminated the food allergens from baby's diet. (milk and peanuts in that case if I recall correctly) I thought of this also when you said the baby was not keeping down any of the formulas.  Also, baby may not tolerate fortifier either!  Feeding mom's pumped hindmilk would make a lot more sense to me!  Does anyone in the family have allergies or food intolerances?

Another thought is to contact the author of the reflux self-study module (I think it was on the ILCA website).

Best wishes!

Natalie Shenk, BS, IBCLC
Findlay Ohio