From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:32:14 -0400
I just received a note from our sysops at UMMED regarding the note re: the
virus. As I thought, NO VIRUS CAN BE TRANSMITTED BY EMAIL.  The virus IS
that piece of email, that annoying, long message...That is the joke,..but it
is no joke.  I was instructed by the authorities at UMMED that everyone
should DELETE that message from their computer, not because it will do
damage to YOUR computer, but because it is ridiculous and annoying, etc. DO
NOT FORWARD THAT MESSAGE TO ANYONE...THERE IS NO SUCH VIRUS.

Kathleen Bruce

Note from UMMED:

"THIS IS  A SCAM.  Don't ever forward  that message again.   No virus can be
transmitted by e-mail, at least not in the way this message describes.  THE
VIRUS IS  THIS MESSAGE  ITSELF, AND  YOUR FORWARDING  IT IS   SPREADING IT.
Please tell anyone you forwarded the message to NOT to forward it again."

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA