From:
Tammie Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:25:59 EST
Hello all,
I have a Mom who I am talking to who is having sore nipples with baby number
two. Her first child is 19 mo. old and the new baby is 3 days old. She says
she had unresolved sore nipple problems that were ongoing with the first baby
and does not want to repeat this again. She has blisters on the top of her
nipples and the baby is making a clicking noise when he nurses. She says
there is also a white line across her nipple after the baby nurses. I told
her that the baby is most likely using his tongue incorrectly and she needs
to work on proper positioning and latching with a professional lactation
consultant. She is trying to find help now. I told her I would post to this
list with her permission for further ideas and help. The mother delivered at
Christ in Cincinnati, OH. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Please post on list as well as to my e-mail as I am no mail at this time.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Tammie Gregory, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and CD (DONA) mother to seven