From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 13:03:47 -0500
I posted about the parents who wanted a pump to take on a
trip over the holidays for convenience and so "at least we can
get a picture of my mother feeding the baby..." (Nursing was
going well at that point...) Today parents showed up, woman
tearful, father defensive: have decided to wean their 6
week-old because the baby now prefers bottles. Woman's
breasts are sore from erratic nursing/pumping schedule;
pumping for every feed is now an inconvenience; baby's new
sucking pattern "hurts." Father grumpy about how much
"trouble" all this breastfeeding business is!

I think the relatives who had the chance to bottle the baby
had a good time...(I hope the photos turned out well!)

Margery Wilson, IBCLC
Proud to have detached enough to listen and not once say
I-warned-you...