From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 14:03:34 -0500
>>If the teeth are sharp, a dentist may be able to smooth the edges

>the thought of a little child sitting there in
>the dentist's chair...

When my toddler fell and chipped his front tooth, making nursing painful,
it never occurred to us to consult a dentist.  We just pinned him to the
floor and went at him with sandpaper.  At least it was his own parents
insulting him.  I've subsequently seen an emery board used very simply and
quickly.  A better alternative than sandpaper.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY