Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:34:52 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Just a personal note here.  When I was pregnant with my first I had a mole along my hairline on my head that I noticed got darker and a bit bigger.  So at 8 months I went to my GP and was told it was because of the pregnancy.  The hormones that make the nipples darker and the line up my belly were also making it darker.  He also said a few months after the birth it would probably go back to normal (which it did).

She could just refuse to consent to the procedure until he fully answers why he wants her to wean (since removal would be a local injection of anesthetic and a cutting/scraping – had it done on my side before or a freezing method with no local – had that done on my nose) it really doesn’t make sense except for the usual:  I don’t know how to work with a  breastfeeding mom, never done it so all should wean before I work on them.  If that is the case you can always do what Jack Newman used to advise for these cases.  The doctor doesn’t have to know that mom weaned in the parking lot on the way in to see him and then relactated when she got home.

Hope that helps. She should encourage mom to get assertive and demand a conversation with him before she decides anything.

Felicia Henry, BCCE, IBCLC
Oxnard, CA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2