From:
Sherry Hartenbower <"[log in to unmask]"@EROLS.COM>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:54:35 -0100
My client is in her first trimester of her second pregnancy.  Her two
year old continues to nurse.  She has asked for suggestions on weaning
for two reasons: (1) she experienced preterm labor with her first
pregnancy and is fearful that nursing may contribute to PTL recurrence
(2) she states her daughter nurses 8 times or more throughout the night
and she is exhausted from the frequent awakenings.  She has contacted
the local LLL and sought advice, tried all suggested, without success
(all the archive suggestions plus some).  She assures me that this is
her desire, not a decision based on what others are saying.  After
additional discussion, she admitted that if she could just get a better
night's sleep she would like to continue to nurse her toddler.  Any
suggestions on how one might cut down on the frequency of night time
nursing?  I suspect she is feeling more exhausted largely due to first
trimester pregnancy.  Any other thoughts?