From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:11:56 -0700
If you send for an exam application packet, IBLCE includes a form you can
use to document your clinical hours working with BFing moms & babies.  If
you don't document the way they want to see it, it's possible you may not
get credit.  It also requires Supv. initials / signatures.  The blank form
may be duplicated as needed to record your experience.  The packed is also
valuable in it's extensive and updated list of recommended reading
materials.  They do clarify "...but not limited to...", so you should keep
subscribing to L'net for info on the latest in new research & relevant
publications.  (IBLCE does't say subscribe to L'net - I do.)

As for documenting LLLL hours, that's the way I qualified for the exam.  At
the time ('93), IBLCE granted 500 hours' credit for every year of work as an
ACTIVE group leader.  (I had 15+ years' worth.)  That includes leading the
meetings, handling phone calls from moms at all hours, running special
interest meetings, etc...   LLLI and your Area officers should be able to
help you with records of your work.

Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC