From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:52:55 -0500
I hate to sound like I like formula cos. but I did listen to the rep who
told me the inconsistencies of calorie content when adding rice cereal to
ABM for reflux was one of the reasons this was thought up.  They are trying
to provide a consistent # of calories and protein vs the home made kind of
cereal/abm for reflux.  Yes, I think everyone discourages cereal in the
bottle to feed the baby or to make them sleep all night.  It seems to
increase incidence of ear infections.  In many US sub cultures it is VERY
common practice.  Most peds are vocal against it.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ