Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:11:56 EDT

To add to Kathy Eng's comments.  I think a number of women hear that  it is
so hard that they lack the confidence to believe that they will be able to  do
it.  How many of us hear the mom say rather nonchalantly, "I will  try to
breastfeed, but I will not be devastated if it doesn't  work out."  This line
really means that I am not sure I can do this  because so many others fail.

Debbie  Albert, RN, Ph.D., LMHC, IBCLC, RLC
Advanced Lactation Care, Inc
Tampa,  FL

In a message dated 8/29/2007 12:01:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,