From:
beth mcmillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:40:05 -0500
Hi all

This is just to say thank you Rachel so much for the description of how you deal with the cords where you are.
I have always wished for something other than the nasty plastic clamps we have here; a bit of surgical silk tied in a bow, anything other than the hard plastic things we have.  What are the chances this will ever change?? sigh....  I totally understand people's concern about the cord and mommy's/baby's comfort while nursing, no concern about it falling off 'prematurely' but about the practicality and the logistics of the the clamp or the sharp bits of the dried cord while trying to get cozy together.  I tend to just put a receiving blanket just in that area but it would be nice to not have the clamp to deal with at all.

Thanks for sharing.

beth

Beth McMillan BA IBCLC LLLC leader
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada