Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:47:16 EST
Our lawyers told us that if the purpose of the phone call is clinical or
quality assurance we did not need consent - it is part of the "consent to
treat" they sign on admission.  However, if you plan to use the data in a
published article, you need informed consent and approval from your IRB.
Nancy

Nancy E. Wight MD, FAAP, IBCLC
Neonatologist, Children's Hospital, and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women
Medical Director, Lactation Services, Sharp HealthCare
San Diego, CA, USA