From:
Patty Spanjer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 20:07:22 -0500
> She even ran an
>experiment when she began to suspect a connection.  She had been pushing
>water well beyond what she wanted ("I was drowning in it"), and stopped
>doing it.  Her milk supply fell.  She started pushing, her supply
>rebounded.  She cut back again, her supply fell.

My experience has been that many women in our society spend their life
resisting the normal signals their body gives for hunger and thirst in an
attempt to not gain weight.  As a result, they do not always recognize
their own bodies signals for thirst, and do feel as if they are "drowning"
if they drink an appropriate ammount.
Patty Spanjer, IBCLC
Dalton, Georgia, USA