From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:05:28 -0500

>For years I wondered what sort of hormone rush this was, and finally
>decided it had to be oxytocin.  Sex?  Hardly.  Love?  Absolutely.  But
>apparently my little endocrine glands don't see much difference.  Does
>anyone else get this peculiar little rush?  It's not that I love the sight
>of blood or pain;  it just feels like extremely strong empathy.  But
>definitely hormonal.

Hey, you mean I'm not the only one?!  Cool!
I get this rush when something happens to my hubby or kids, and I always
assumed it was empathy.  I want their pain to go away so badly.  When my
littlest one has had to have blood drawn it just kills me.  I sit there
holding him trying not to shake and cry myself (I have to lay down to get
blood drawn or I get hysterical.  Long story...), an it is traumatic for both
of us.  But, as soon as it's done, I pop him onto my breast, he stops crying
hard, an occaisional whimper now and then, but we both feel immensly better!
Talk about those calming hormones working wonders!  Maybe I should try BF
when I have blood drawn from myself next time!
Jay
A really big chicken!
My homework is done and in the mail!!!  CLE, Here I come!