From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 23:05:29 -0700
Hi All,
Just catching up on reading after a busy weekend (and it isn't over yet!)
Friday night, our local WIC office hosted a great breastfeeding party to
celebrate WBW.  Invited were all the WIC moms who were exclusively BF their
babies.  The youngest baby there was 1.5 wks old!  We had a raffle for some
great prizes (a full day at a local spa including a 90min massage, a facial,
pedicure and manicure;  a $200 NOJO crib set, Several dinners for 2 at some
very nice restarants, tickets for the local WNBA basketball games, a nursing
stool (I didn't know stools could nurse!), and a whole bunch of other nice
things).  We also had 26 car seats donated (I am unclear as to whether they
were all donated by the Highway Patrol, or some were donated by them and the
rest were donated by Buckle Up Baby).  Almost everyone who attended won a
prize, and some won a prize and a car seat, too!  And we had a great
attendance.  Lots of moms and dads, siblings and babies.  It was wonderful
to see so many women and babies BF all over the place!  We had games for the
kids, lots of great food, speakers, and 2 of our PCs sang songs for us.
It was a great night!  For me it was really great BC not only did I win the
Nursing stool (can't wait to see how it does that! :D ) but I also won a
carseat!!  I was pretty happy, especially since I rarely win anything!  Now,
honestly, I would have preferred the day at the spa, but a stool is a great
consolation prize!  :D

Now, speakaing of PSA's, there is a a commercial that plays several times a
day on all the local channels, here in Sacramento.  It is not a PSA, per se,
but it is a commercail for California Fresh Eggs.  The commercial starts out
with a woman in a rocking chair humming a lullaby.  The speaker says that
there is nothing more perfect than mom (in regards to protein and nutrition)
but that eggs are a great source of proteins, etc.  (I don't remember the
exact wording, sorry) As the speaker is talking about the mom as a source of
the world most perfect food, the camera pans around to a beautiful shot of
the mom breastfeeding her baby!  This is my most favorite commercial!  Can
you wonder why?
IT goes on to espouse how great eggs are, but I'll tell you, they did a
fabulous job of promoting BF!
Take care all!
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."