Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:17:36 -0800
>>>This Ped has this mom very stressed out--wondering if most professionals
consider different scales and difference in fullness of bowels/kidneys
before determining weight lost in just one visit? Wondering also why Dr. did
not factor in that baby is having great output (6-8 quite wet, and atleast 2
BM's per day.<<<<<

Because *this* physician has not yet evolved and we do not yet have a list
to identify those that have.  "Pumping for output verification?!?!?!?.
Crazed about a 4 oz loss after a 4 oz gain after a 4 oz loss......ALL from
different scales?!?!?!?!

It should be a wonderful blessing for each of us, in our own
service-communities, to maintain a contact-list of knowledgeable hcp's
willing to accept an immediate referral for a second opinion
**specifically** for a family such as this.

Our education to the client and our assessment of the nursling would be
valued by both the practitioner and the parents;  we would be acting in a
collaborative manner rather than an adversarial one; the parent's
observations would have merit and the overall observed health and well-being
of the child would prevail....Why, this family would finally be getting
quality healthcare!....

>>>Sleepy baby, but she is waking him every 2 hours until he is weighed
again
on Monday.<<<<

.......AND, the mother and babe would have a restful week.

With love,  Lynda

Lynda Cook Sawyer, RN, MBA, IBCLC
Chilly Las Vegas.......68 degrees.  bbbrrrrrrrrrr