From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:20:14 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2005 7:04:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Their  argument was the same:
the other kids' mothers can't / won't stay, so it  wouldn't be fair to the
other children to see Katie's mother staying with  her.  I always thought
that was an awful argument.  Level that  playing field...downwards

Luckily at my son's preschool, they WANT us to stay and  volunteer in the
classroom.  In fact I have been there every day the past  few weeks.  And they
don't mind one bit that I nurse the baby.   (Connor, the preschooler is weaned)
but I nurse the baby when she needs it, and  the other children have asked
questions and I just answer honestly that I am  feeding the baby.  Another mom
just had a baby a few months ago and she is  exclusively bf and says she would
probably not have done it if she hadn't seen  me doing it so comfortably.  I
have seen several little girls watch me  intently and I hope they are learning
how wonderful it is for a mommy to feed  their baby.  Noone has complained, and
even if they did, luckily I live in  Cali where the law is on my side. If
Cate is nursing when she gets to  preschool (and even kindergarten) I will go to
her to nurse her.  No ifs  ands or buts...if it is "against" their policy,
then their program is not  for me and I will find a school that will meet my
expectations...I mean...I am  paying THEM right?

Renee Drake RN CLC